Israel has pulled a coward in how to ‘defend’ its people and tourists.
Sadly, the closest nation in the Middle East to a Liberty land is passing off appeasement as defense. Basically, Israel reacted to ISIS plans against Israeli beaches by ordering tourists to exit the beaches. However, that land needs to know that this is not self-defense, this is simply cowardice. Perhaps I need to remind the good people of that land what it means to nationally self defend. But before I do, I need to throw some quick disclaimers here.
Basically, I am adamantly Pro Israel. So much so I want my government to stop telling that nation how it can and cannot defend its population. Likewise, I also cannot see why this opinion about that nation is only a minority thought among my fellow libertarians. According to me, any functioning brain of Individual Liberty frame of mind should be praising and defending Israel as the best behaved society, and least criminal government, in the Middle East.
And as for my fellow Libertarian Partiers reading this, know that I am still a citadel of Libertarian Party material. Basically, by this metaphor I mean the following.
- I can respect alternative lifestyles and cannot respect the death penalty.
- Privatizing Marriage and Ending the War on Drugs are ideas I endorse.
- My intake of the American Bill of Rights is ultra-literal.
- Free Markets, Free Trade, and Free Banking under Free Enterprise make the best economic recipe ever, says me.
- Violence to me can only be justified in defense of self and/or others against physical damage.
- And the examples are Legion.
On behalf of the same principles, the following is also true about me.
- I merge an adamant refusal to be callous to Israel with an eagerness to call them out on trashy moves like this.
- My hostility to the idea of negotiating with Arab League states will never go away.
- Iran’s obsession for slaughtering all of Israeli population makes me want to see Iranian government turned to ash.
- Pakistan’s belligerence to Israel makes me wish nothing but ill upon Pakistan’s government.
Getting Back On Topic
Okay, so Israel obviously has taken action I condemn them as cowards for. Basically the action they have taken has flaunted a reluctance to exert their Unconditional right as a Free Society to Self-Defend. What do I mean when I call Israel a free society? Let’s break that down, if you will please let me.
- Israeli markets are the 6th freest market economy in that region.
- Sorry to link to Wikipedia but Israel is 2nd only Turkey in moral freedom.
- Israel’s government is so ‘squeaky clean’ for a Middle East regime that the Corruption Perception Index does not even mention Israel in the CPI Middle East report!
Now that this has been clarified, let me break down what I’d rather Israel have done and why.
Israel has a moral right to retaliate against ISIS anyway it wants, no matter how destructive. And that’s because it is a free society and when it comes to nations, only free societies have a right to life. Tyrannies like Saudi Arabia and Iran and others, on the other hand, I put it to you like a question. If a tyrannical individual fails to deserve life and freedom by failing to respect life and freedom than how is it any different for a tyrannical nation?